Oscar Michelen born Santo Domingo Dominican Republic.
- Education State University of New York at Buffalo (B.A. 1982); New York Law School (J.D. Magna Cum Laude 1985);
- Research Editor New York Law School Law Review;
- Admitted to Bar: New York, New Jersey, United States District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and District of New Jersey (1986);
- Law clerk to the Hon. Vincent L. Broderick (SDNY);
- Senior Trial Attorney for the Corporation Counsel of the City of New York (1986-1990);
- Adjunct Professor of Law, New York Law School (2005 to present);
- Member: NY State Bar Association; Nassau Bar Association and Dominican Bar Association.
As an off-shoot of his entertainment and intellectual property practice, Mr. Michelen has become an important source for representation and guidance in the field of digital imagery litigation. Many businesses, small and large, that have been besieged with claim letters and lawsuits from digital photo catalog giants like Getty Images, Corbis, Masterfile, Hawaiian Art Network and Lindas Lyrics have turned to Mr. Michelen for defense of those claims. He has represented companies in these claims all across the country.
Mr. Michelen is also often sought out for appearances on television and in print media discussing a variety of legal topics. He has been retained as an expert witness in litigation discussing various issues of law. He is an adjunct professor of law at New York Law School, where he teaches Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy.
Mr. Michelen is the founder of The Law Squad, a not-for profit organization that presents informational seminars to high school teens and their parents on various legal issues. He hosts a television program of the same name that airs on Public Television on Long Island.